- My therapist: Look at nature. Look at flowers. We never walk into our garden and say "Oh wouldn't that flower be so much more pretty if it were taller? Or red instead of pink?" No, we don't. Because nature was created perfect just as it is. And so are we. We are part of nature, we are how we're meant to be, we are perfect just as we are.
Absolutely! Pop Pilates is awesome and just because your workout is 10 minutes doesn’t mean it isn’t challenging your muscles and working your body :) Keep it up babe! x
a boy just tried to be suggestive by texting me and asking what i was wearing and I actually replied with: ‘an eeyore onesie!!!!!!!!!!’
this could be why i am forever a single pringle.
YOU ARE CUTE
I say go for it babe, follow your heart and do what you find best for you. That sounds lovely. Sometimes people need to go away and find themselves and I don’t think that anyone needs to follow some ‘set path’ that society thinks we should. Go explore the world because life is too short not to see it all! I think experience, travel, learning about other people and cultures…those are the best teachers. Only thing is…TAKE ME WITH YOU :) xxxx
Absolutely babe! Lifting weights is one of the best things you can do for your overall health. Weight lifting is loaded with benefits including:
- Burning body fat. Building muscle will increase your resting metabolism, allowing you to burn fat even while not in the gym.
- Building strong bones. Lifting weights has been linked to preserving bone mass and reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
- Helps rid stubborn belly fat. It is true that you cannot spot reduce, however there have been studies that show when compared to those who just performed cardio exercise, people who were lifting weights lost more abdominal fat. This will in turn lessen your risk of diseases such as cancer and diabetes.
- Preventing injury. Keeping your muscles and joints strong is useful for other exercise as well. Lifting weights is especially beneficial for runners.
- Feeling of empowerment. You will feel like a badass when lifting weights, it’s true.
Side note: Please do not worry about becoming overly “bulky.” Many women are concerned that they may end up looking like a bodybuilder just from performing squats, but the fact is that it is quite difficult for a woman to ever become bulky, as we lack the proper amount of testosterone. Forget the whole tiny weights, high rep myth; lift heavy and you will see benefits.
Here are a few resources that may help get you started:
BodyBuilding for Women (this link is specifically for women who are looking to begin lifting)
Nike Training Club. Extremely useful app for your smartphone, great circuit training workouts that teach proper form.
Let me know if there’s anything else I can do. Good luck lifting! x